Glorious Peoples Republic of Convoy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glorious Peoples Republic of Convoy

Under Chairman Chao we Stand

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Remember guys...
A site i've been working on.. Icon_minitimeby death_101 Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:22 pm

» proof GPRoC lives...
A site i've been working on.. Icon_minitimeby death_101 Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:24 pm

» HELLO out there, is anyone there?
A site i've been working on.. Icon_minitimeby death_101 Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:59 pm

» AudioEmu
A site i've been working on.. Icon_minitimeby death_101 Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:58 pm

» A retrospective
A site i've been working on.. Icon_minitimeby death_101 Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:28 pm

» halp
A site i've been working on.. Icon_minitimeby death_101 Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:22 pm

» "I Feel Better" Music video
A site i've been working on.. Icon_minitimeby The Keanu Reeves Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:53 am

» Obligatory Pokemon Post
A site i've been working on.. Icon_minitimeby spamoo Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:11 pm

» The 12 Blues Scales
A site i've been working on.. Icon_minitimeby death_101 Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:46 pm

Be sure to also check out...

The Mighty Comrades of Fug's World

Informative and Entertaining People of the Boiler Room Cast for the Pods

A site i've been working on..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JackNapier
Citizen
JackNapier

A site i've been working on.. Empty
PostSubject: A site i've been working on..   A site i've been working on.. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 11:31 am

Its main purpose is to point out everything wrong with society, highlight the corruptness of capitalism, and act as a resource for social issues. Help & suggestions are appreciated.

http://www.lfwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

This is a rundown of the content we're trying to aim for:
  • To act as a portal for everything progressive (example)
  • Embedded contemporary social documentaries/videos
  • Regarding harmful companies, include pictorials and videos of what they do. Currently we're bare in this area, Dow Chemical would have to be the best example page. Microsoft is another example.
  • Harmful politicians, obligatory reagan entry

Check the About Page for more info. Some of the contents are scraps left over from people fooling around that i've yet to organize.

As soon as we get Hulu embedding working we'll be adding Carl Sagan's Cosmos series and other videos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lfwiki.com
OP
Site Admin
OP

PostSubject: Re: A site i've been working on..   A site i've been working on.. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:34 pm

On the microsoft page;

For most users, windows is significantly better than Linux. I'm actually in CS and I hate linux because it's too much trouble to use without jumping through a bunch of hoops and even then not getting exactly what I want. And I do this shit for a living. Unless you really know what you're doing or are really dedicated to it, windows is better than linux. That's not propaganda, it's just a fact.

otherwise I'm not commenting because if I do this will turn into a political debate and I avoid those where possible.
Back to top Go down
JackNapier
Citizen
JackNapier

PostSubject: Re: A site i've been working on..   A site i've been working on.. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:41 pm

I was referring more to it's propaganda of misinformation(software accessibility, security), not ease of use.
Back to top Go down
OP
Site Admin
OP

PostSubject: Re: A site i've been working on..   A site i've been working on.. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:50 pm

Yeah, but for the points they made:

Performance: XP gives me better out of the box performance from my hardware because my hardware has actual proper drivers that come with it, I never did get my sound or video card to operate at the same capacity as they do on XP (see point re jumping through more hoops for less)

Reliablility: I have had much better reliability from XP than I did from my brief stint with ubuntu. XP doesn't really crash that much, programs that RUN on XP crash and that's not MS's fault.

TCO: If you're buying a computer and ever 4 or 5 programs to run on it, for the layperson, the TCO won't be much lower for Linux since Windows tends to come bundled as part of the deal. Unless you're building your own computer, the cost difference isn't that big. Plus, ya know, you won't be able to use your Linux system because of the aforementioned laypeople can't use fucking linux.

Security: This is the only point I'd argue against them on. The only one.

Linux can't replace Windows: For the average consumer who would read this for actual information? No, it can't.
Back to top Go down
JackNapier
Citizen
JackNapier

PostSubject: Re: A site i've been working on..   A site i've been working on.. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Microsoft still engages in propaganda against open source software that discourages people from even giving it a try or to learn about it.

Meh, what about the other pages?
Back to top Go down
OP
Site Admin
OP

PostSubject: Re: A site i've been working on..   A site i've been working on.. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 7:37 pm

Well of course they do. That's just good business sense.

But otherwise the pages seem a tad... sparse.
Back to top Go down
Invalid Argument
Site Admin
Invalid Argument

PostSubject: Re: A site i've been working on..   A site i've been working on.. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:04 pm

For some reason I get the impression you're not too fond of Capitalism : D
Back to top Go down
http://gproc.omgforum.net
JackNapier
Citizen
JackNapier

PostSubject: Re: A site i've been working on..   A site i've been working on.. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:18 pm

It could be interpreted that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A site i've been working on..   A site i've been working on.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A site i've been working on..
Page 1 of 1