Glorious Peoples Republic of Convoy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glorious Peoples Republic of Convoy

Under Chairman Chao we Stand

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Remember guys...
Reconstruction Icon_minitimeby death_101 Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:22 pm

» proof GPRoC lives...
Reconstruction Icon_minitimeby death_101 Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:24 pm

» HELLO out there, is anyone there?
Reconstruction Icon_minitimeby death_101 Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:59 pm

» AudioEmu
Reconstruction Icon_minitimeby death_101 Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:58 pm

» A retrospective
Reconstruction Icon_minitimeby death_101 Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:28 pm

» halp
Reconstruction Icon_minitimeby death_101 Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:22 pm

» "I Feel Better" Music video
Reconstruction Icon_minitimeby The Keanu Reeves Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:53 am

» Obligatory Pokemon Post
Reconstruction Icon_minitimeby spamoo Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:11 pm

» The 12 Blues Scales
Reconstruction Icon_minitimeby death_101 Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:46 pm

Be sure to also check out...

The Mighty Comrades of Fug's World

Informative and Entertaining People of the Boiler Room Cast for the Pods

Reconstruction

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mangachu
Citizen
mangachu

Reconstruction Empty
PostSubject: Reconstruction   Reconstruction Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:09 pm

I'm reposting this, because I'm first. Also, lawl at sonic icons.

--------------

I figured I'd give this it's own post, like I've done in the other forums. I thought I'd already done that, but it seems to have disappeared. :U

A plan for reconstruction;

Well, I'll post my thoughts real quick, after reading through the five(yes, five) different faction forums. A lot of people want to rebuild. We know FUG is no more, but we can still be a server group. I'm proposing that we work with DG/SMUG/THE FIRM/GPRoC, and start a coalition of servers. Each server group will have it's own tag and server (Like GPRoC, and a convoy server if we get one), local admins, and local leaders. But the coalition will still work as a whole, and the community leaders, voicing the opinions of the community(hopefully), will convene now and then to hammer out some things about the communities(IE; One group is floundering, and the delegates over there would really like some monetary help if possible, the coalition agrees, and asks their communites to donate some money to whatever group, things like that.). We would be our own server, but help eachother out, and support eachother, and try to help growth in all the communities. The coalition would probably have a general tag to use, so if it was TC, we could do [GPRoC-TC], or have the other tag a seperate tag. This means the leaders of each community can hear what their community wants, and change local things as needed. Not sure if all servers should be named The coalition-(whatever group it belongs to), or if we'll just name them and all this coalition stuff will happen outside the servers. Each community could also be more specialized, such as us probably sticking to 1 or 2 dedicated convoy servers for now. So if the fug community wants nothing but tomfoolery servers, then the leaders can give it to them, without our community whining about it. Also, lawl textwall.

PROS
1)Supports specialized communities, with the leaders of each listening to 2)what the community of similiar interests would like.
3)Each group can operate without running afoul of the others.
4)Support can be given from other groups if the community isn't enough.
5) EQUAL power from each community's delegates.

CONS
1)Probably be a bit confusing/difficult at first.
2)I hope not, but there will probably be a bit of inter group dislike, as per the some convoy people not liking B2B that much in fug.
--------

I know I can be a troll sometimes, but I don't do it all the time, despite what has been said about me. I see now that voicing my opinion did rile up people, and cause problems, but that was not my intent, I just wanted answers. But that's in the past, and I hope we can work it out now.

Now with links to the other copies, so you can see opinions in other places
http://www.createforum.com/gloriouspeoples/viewtopic.php?p=87&mforum=gloriouspeoples#87 Old republic forum
http://fugtf2.freeforums.org/a-plan-for-reconstructing-t84.html SMUG
http://fugforum.forumotion.net/dg-fug-wtf-just-happened-f1/a-plan-for-reconstructing-t7.htm#32 Refugee forum
http://z10.invisionfree.com/The_Firm_DR/index.php?showtopic=45 The firm
http://forum.rageoffire.com/index.php?topic=97.0 DG
Back to top Go down
Old Crow
Citizen
Old Crow

Reconstruction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reconstruction   Reconstruction Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 8:32 pm

That is a good idea mangachu. We could collectively bring the community back together under one house and have the same amount of servers that we did and even expand past TF2. In convoys regards i would like to see the GPRoC take care of that server. They already have one up and its made up of Convoy lovers like me, i barely play anything else but convoy.

Now the question is will there be any general agreement about this. The leaders on both sides aka DG/Fug dont seem to be on talking terms but will there be a day that they will? do you think there is anyway to convince them to work together like this? That would undoubtedly be the toughest part.

To the leaders of all the forums. This sounds like a good idea to bring the shattered community back. Fugs was build on being a community and not just in regards of video games, it was somewhere to hang. You should all put your differences aside no matter how hard it is. This would be for the better of the COMMUNITY!

Ay i figured id follow your lead mangachu.
Back to top Go down

Reconstruction
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Glorious Peoples Republic of Convoy :: Discussions :: The Glorious Republic of Convoy-
Jump to: