Glorious Peoples Republic of Convoy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glorious Peoples Republic of Convoy

Under Chairman Chao we Stand

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Remember guys...
Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeby death_101 Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:22 pm

» proof GPRoC lives...
Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeby death_101 Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:24 pm

» HELLO out there, is anyone there?
Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeby death_101 Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:59 pm

» AudioEmu
Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeby death_101 Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:58 pm

» A retrospective
Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeby death_101 Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:28 pm

» halp
Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeby death_101 Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:22 pm

» "I Feel Better" Music video
Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeby The Keanu Reeves Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:53 am

» Obligatory Pokemon Post
Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeby spamoo Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:11 pm

» The 12 Blues Scales
Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeby death_101 Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:46 pm

Be sure to also check out...

The Mighty Comrades of Fug's World

Informative and Entertaining People of the Boiler Room Cast for the Pods

Ideas for differntiation.

Go down 
+6
Overused
Nightshde
African Grey
OP
Invalid Argument
easybakejake
10 posters
AuthorMessage
easybakejake
New Citizen
easybakejake

Ideas for differntiation. Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for differntiation.   Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 2:41 am

Now that we have our own convoy server why not change some things up. For instance, instead of having lame rocks in the middle, how about cows? If designing 3d cow models is too much maybe just carboard cut-out cows.

Just an idea.

Also the flag would have to be put somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Invalid Argument
Site Admin
Invalid Argument

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for differntiation.   Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 2:48 am

Only problem with that is the map download thing. I know people get really impatient when they have to download a few extras to a map they already have installed. Even if it's only a couple things or one small change, those download times can be a bitch.

For the ease of a convoy server that people can just jump right into, my vote is to leave it just the way it is. Besides, we don't need a special Convoy map to display the glory of the Republic!
Back to top Go down
http://gproc.omgforum.net
OP
Site Admin
OP

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for differntiation.   Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:35 am

Actually Invalid, I'm looking into it. We had to download tons of stuff for Fug's servers and it was always cool. I'm not talking like 80000 new things but a few little tweaks for fun are entirely doable.
Back to top Go down
African Grey
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for differntiation.   Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 10:40 am

I think just putting posters words and flags on certain walls and things would be way less to download than 1000 hats for people who donated.
Back to top Go down
Nightshde
New Citizen
Nightshde

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for differntiation.   Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:47 am

well if you guys need a copy of storm let me know.
Back to top Go down
Overused
Global Moderator
Overused

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for differntiation.   Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:05 pm

Well I was hoping if we could get the optimized version of convoy. Since the normal version is terribly optimized for people, it may help.
Back to top Go down
Nightshde
New Citizen
Nightshde

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for differntiation.   Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:43 pm

i'll try to find the one I did for the tourney then.
Back to top Go down
passiveagressive
Citizen
passiveagressive

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for differntiation.   Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 2:08 pm

OP wrote:
We had to download tons of stuff for Fug's servers and it was always cool. I'm not talking like 80000 new things but a few little tweaks for fun are entirely doable.

I agree
Back to top Go down
sinic
New Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for differntiation.   Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 3:16 pm

Who is the enemy of the GPRoC? I think the red boatship should obviously be adorned with GPRoC propaganda, but how do we decorate the Blu boatship?

I was thinking since Wal-mart's color scheme is kind of blu-ish maybe we could do some sort of riff on Wal-mart for the blu boatship? Corporate Capitalist Boatship-Mart? Bourgeoisie Dog Mart? Fascist Unity Corporation Kleptocratic Enterprise Mart (FUCK EM)?
Back to top Go down
Litigation Jackson
Citizen
Litigation Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for differntiation.   Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 4:08 pm

Fascist Capitalist Pigs?
Back to top Go down
African Grey
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for differntiation.   Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 5:37 pm

Make it look like walmart and corporate, but give it some other name. Too bad we don't have any enemies.

I recall Mark Twain naming a sinking ship after a guy he hated when writing Huckleberry Finn.

We could talk SMG into getting rid of their server and make it the SMG convoy. We could have a pretend war with someone.
Back to top Go down
OP
Site Admin
OP

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for differntiation.   Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 5:49 pm

The Terrible Fascist's Empire of Ballon Race?
Back to top Go down
OP
Site Admin
OP

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for differntiation.   Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 2:45 am

Response to requests post 3: While I do not currently have the time to look into this I am using this post as a request to the citizens and ministers of the republic to find out how this could be done and getting back to us all about it. Any idea that would result in a "republic convoy" should be posted here. Remember there are no stupid suggestions... or at least none that we'll laugh in your face about. (Behind your back? sure!)
Back to top Go down
JackNapier
Citizen
JackNapier

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for differntiation.   Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 4:24 pm

The enemy of the republic is naturally capitalism. Of course blue would be America. You don't need to define it as corporate because it's already corporate.

One of these would be good, it can be placed in the recessed area outside blue spawn:
Ideas for differntiation. D6IkX

Maybe have something like this in the blue intel on the back wall:
"DEFEND THE RICH
FOR WE FEED YOU"

On the red side put some pro-labor symbols like the fist in the air or the sickle + hammer.
Ideas for differntiation. A3ifp

Could there be a waving flag on top of the antennae? Like, technically speaking?
https://imgur.com/coWmf.png

PS: I'm a social libertarian living in America so I got some beef with capitalism
Back to top Go down
http://www.lfwiki.com
OP
Site Admin
OP

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for differntiation.   Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 4:36 pm

We now have a second flag! AWESOME! Good job JN. beyond that though, I'm more asking for technical ways to alter the map since I don't know how to do it.
Back to top Go down
JackNapier
Citizen
JackNapier

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for differntiation.   Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 4:45 pm

OP wrote:
We now have a second flag! AWESOME! Good job JN. beyond that though, I'm more asking for technical ways to alter the map since I don't know how to do it.

The Source SDK + Hammer (the map editor), I believe. Are you looking for someone to do it for you? I've made a map for CS:S once, tweaking a map should be easy.

The problem: The VMF file is the raw file. The BSP is the rendered map. BSP's will let you edit things like music, but not entity or brushes. If you can find the VMF file, that would make things go a LOT smoother.

http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Hammer_editor
Back to top Go down
OP
Site Admin
OP

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for differntiation.   Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 4:55 pm

yeah, but that would be making a new map. I was wondering if there was a way to twaek the server. Though if you CAN hammer it I would love you forever. I'd have to get a definitive image of what we wanted to put on it and where first and hook you up with that but if you're offering your services we'll happily accept.

A few things off the bat are that the dust coming off the back apparently causes graphic lag for some people so if that could be reduced in prevalence (maybe just a tiny bit around the back tires) and something being done about the rock glitch where they fly (try replacing rocks with some new object or something. Cows would be funny.)

As for the flags/propaganda posters. I want some submissions for the propaganda thread before we do anything with that because if we get some good posters we can put them up on various walls.
Back to top Go down
JackNapier
Citizen
JackNapier

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for differntiation.   Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 4:57 pm

I PM'd you about Jahrain
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for differntiation.   Ideas for differntiation. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas for differntiation.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Glorious Peoples Republic of Convoy :: Discussions :: The Glorious Republic of Convoy-
Jump to: