Glorious Peoples Republic of Convoy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glorious Peoples Republic of Convoy

Under Chairman Chao we Stand

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Remember guys...
History of Your Username Icon_minitimeby death_101 Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:22 pm

» proof GPRoC lives...
History of Your Username Icon_minitimeby death_101 Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:24 pm

» HELLO out there, is anyone there?
History of Your Username Icon_minitimeby death_101 Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:59 pm

» AudioEmu
History of Your Username Icon_minitimeby death_101 Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:58 pm

» A retrospective
History of Your Username Icon_minitimeby death_101 Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:28 pm

» halp
History of Your Username Icon_minitimeby death_101 Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:22 pm

» "I Feel Better" Music video
History of Your Username Icon_minitimeby The Keanu Reeves Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:53 am

» Obligatory Pokemon Post
History of Your Username Icon_minitimeby spamoo Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:11 pm

» The 12 Blues Scales
History of Your Username Icon_minitimeby death_101 Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:46 pm

Be sure to also check out...

The Mighty Comrades of Fug's World

Informative and Entertaining People of the Boiler Room Cast for the Pods

History of Your Username

Go down 
+16
Chairman Chao
Old Crow
JackNapier
moron
Tony Stork
Chameleos
B@xter
African Grey
AudioEmu
Invalid Argument
OP
Acuturbo
Space Botany
The Keanu Reeves
death_101
CitizenSnips
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CitizenSnips
Citizen
CitizenSnips

History of Your Username Empty
PostSubject: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 5:44 pm

I stole mine from a minor character in an episode of Futurama called "The New Justice Team". I love the name mainly because whenever I kill somebody who watches the show they yell "CITIZEN SNIIIIPPPPSSSS!!!". You won't get that unless you watched the show.

So how did you come by your username?
Back to top Go down
death_101
Site Admin

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 6:03 pm

death_101 comes from when i was 12 and i was asked to change my name from "player" to something else. to i thought id make this, death_101, sort of a university thing right?
"i will teach you how to die" was my 12 year old logic. that was in hl2dm.
Back to top Go down
The Keanu Reeves
Citizen
The Keanu Reeves

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 6:23 pm

I used to go by Echo until a round of versus in L4D where I whip around a corner to blast a boomer right as he had spawned and one of my teammates said "Wow Echo you're like the Keanu Reeves or the Neo or something" I thought it would be a cool name so now I use it.
Back to top Go down
Space Botany
Global Moderator
Space Botany

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:22 pm

I was very, VERY stoned (dangerously so) and staring at the stars with some friends. We started discussing how amazing the strain of bud we had was (Alaskan Thunderfuck) and if there was anything better. I said "Maybe you could find better weed...in fucking space." and from there on we had a very interesting conversation about growing weed in space, Space Botany.

I'm not sure how the whole "Talking plant on a space station in the 50's" thing came about. I think I was just really really high (surprise) and used that explanation to inform people why I was talking weird, then it developed into an entire character.
Back to top Go down
Acuturbo
Global Moderator
Acuturbo

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:58 pm

I butchered the spelling of the name of a German cartoon character, but decided that I liked it anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://blauerauss.deviantart.com
OP
Site Admin
OP

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 11:53 pm

My old username from gunbound which was another pun that I no longer remember was taken so I went with Optimist Prime because it amused me. Then I played a lot of medic so I changed it to Dr. Feelgood and people kept asking if it "felt good" after I killed them so I switched back to Optimist Prime. Then after I left Fug I shortened it to OP because that's what everyone called me anyways and I was tired of people saying "Optimus Prime" and not getting the joke. Now if anyone asks I say it doesn't stand for anything or that it's "OP" like the original backburner.
Back to top Go down
Invalid Argument
Site Admin
Invalid Argument

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 2:27 am

When I first started playing TF (and had just gotten Steam) I was BATTLE BEE, which comes from the semi-infamous motivational poster about the bee with two other bee heads on its wings. It didn't really stick.

Then I just switched around the words on a fairly well-known (I hope) T-Shirt of the Soldier. "I have a Rocket Launcher. Your Argument is Invalid." Seeing as how I play Soldier almost all the time, I decided to just go with Invalid Argument. This one did stick.
Back to top Go down
http://gproc.omgforum.net
AudioEmu
New Citizen

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 9:52 am

'twas Jester until I went to fug and met The One Jester and started hearing about some guy named Dark Jester that was starting to play. Dark Jester never really hung around, but the things with The One Jester still confused the two of us enough for me to change my name to my second name, AudioEmu. I got it from a random name generator for another website (I forget which) that gave you a random adjective and a random noun. My adjective was Audio and my noun was Emu =]
Back to top Go down
African Grey
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 2:34 pm

So I was working at Subway when I bought my Laptop and the orange box about a year ago and wanted to play tf2 so badly that my creativity died and I couldn't think of a name. So I went with the obscure-ish-sorta book reverence that related to me current employment; I was "The Sandwich Maker" (insert thunder roll and flash of lighting here).

It was a stupid name. I also got a few people calling my Arthur Dent because they got the reference, which I didn't care much for.

So after a few months on Convoy I finally joined Fug and spent time in the forums. I decided if I was ever going to change my username that would be the time so I went with one I used for several other online accounts and things. I've used names involving the word "Grey" in other places and liked adding the personal reference to where I spent half my childhood. I also once had an African Grey as a pet, we called him Fredbird after the St. Louis Cardinals mascot.

Back to top Go down
B@xter
New Citizen

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 5:14 pm

African Grey wrote:
I also once had an African Grey as a pet, we called him Fredbird after the St. Louis Cardinals mascot.

Just became my new best friend...

Ive always been referred to by my last name, which then mutated through a variety of foms, and then solidified as Baxter after Anchorman came out.

and I like @ signs
Back to top Go down
Chameleos
New Citizen
Chameleos

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 10:33 pm

well I have never had a solid user name.

when I first started computer related things I used Cactaur144. this eventually got turned to Josh144 which... well my name and favorite number isn't very inventive.

then from there I ended up trying others (none of which lasted more then a day.) Then I decided to try Cicada. but most didn't know how to pronounce it and well, I got tired of being called Cic. eventually however after playing Monster hunter for a long enough time had grown close to the name Chameleos (which in the game is a Elder dragon and is to me an awesome one.) and thus I am who I am now.
Back to top Go down
Tony Stork
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:29 am

History lessons!

I started with "smile - issues", which no one here really saw, since it was basically when steam first hit public, and I was sitting there playing some HL2, and that little bit of CS:S. The name didn't last long, but it soon evolved to...

"Squadron 6" and its MANY variants, which soon ended in "Squadron 6 - I'm a sausage." for the longest time. Squadron 6 was the name of the failed clan that me and a few people tried to set up; got eight different time zones among nine people. I had fun with it, and made it to CAL-P. There, my name was essentially the same (Squadron 6, I'm with [CAL-P]).

After I rage quit CAL, I started playing TF2, which was a LONG time after CS:S, and long after I thought I'd even play through Steam again. I talked to a bunch of people, went on the *chan sites, and received the brilliant idea of "Tony Stark, in a cave" with the help of one or two people. The name caught on, and many people liked it. I started this name on convoy, and from there, my name's basically stayed the same.

Tony Stork happened only because spaceisawaste forced me into it.

ZALGO was just for sheer shits and giggles.
Back to top Go down
moron
New Citizen

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:48 pm

I am a moron. I like seeing the thing say "<person> was killed by a moron". and of course, I'm obviously a moron IRL. That's all there is to it
Back to top Go down
African Grey
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:06 am

moron wrote:
I am a moron. I like seeing the thing say "<person> was killed by a moron". and of course, I'm obviously a moron IRL. That's all there is to it

It's like how my brother started using the username "Frogs" because he liked when it said "(player) killed by frogs."
Back to top Go down
JackNapier
Citizen
JackNapier

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 4:42 pm

well...

<--
Back to top Go down
http://www.lfwiki.com
Old Crow
Citizen
Old Crow

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 1:36 pm

So there is a book called To Fly and Fight. its about Bud Anderson, A P-51 Pilot who pretty much kicked the Germans asses. He named his plane Old Crow in reference to the Whiskey that is still sold today. When I stared TF2 i went by Tdog2747, pretty much my xbox username. Me and a couple of other people thought that was lame so I thought about it and came up with Old Crow in honor of my favorite WW2 Pilot.
Back to top Go down
Chairman Chao
Glorious Chairman
Chairman Chao

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:58 pm

Before Mr. Chao, it was fatchao back in CS 1.6. Just didnt know what to have as a username since im the least creative person on this world, haha. Well, i was a little chubby, and Chao is my last name, so it makes sense. People dont really call me by my first name in real life anyways since i guess Chao is just easier/funner to say, actually, that's what people call me in game too, haha.

So then when i was at a LAN with a few friends, we were talking about our usernames and how they came about it. They didnt think i lived up to the name fatchao, and wondered what it would be if i ever got skinny. so because i would usually refer to people by their last names with a Ms. or Mr., i just changed it to Mr. Chao, haha.

And for the record, yes Im Chinese!!
Back to top Go down
theLumberjack
Citizen
theLumberjack

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 3:18 pm

My steam name was Canadian WMD, which I still use in other places. I got bored of it and asked my friend what I should change it to.
Twas his idea.
Back to top Go down
Space Botany
Global Moderator
Space Botany

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 3:59 pm

Chairman Chao wrote:
And for the record, yes Im Chinese!!
That's a goddamn lie and you know it.
Back to top Go down
Old Crow
Citizen
Old Crow

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 7:47 pm

Chao, your japanese dont lie like that!
Back to top Go down
Chairman Chao
Glorious Chairman
Chairman Chao

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:59 pm

Old Crow wrote:

hahaha, you wish! Then you'd have to catch me in my B5N
Back to top Go down
Old Crow
Citizen
Old Crow

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 9:18 am

Chairman Chao wrote:
Old Crow wrote:

hahaha, you wish! Then you'd have to catch me in my B5N

hahahahahahah the only way that wouldnt be possible is if i was in a TBD Devastator!
Back to top Go down
CitizenSnips
Citizen
CitizenSnips

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 9:12 pm

I live in Greenland, And am also the mayor of Freezeurballsoff. The total population is about 20. 80% of the populace are penguins. With me and my friend Wally the Walrus. I also own the only Internet connection in the town
Back to top Go down
African Grey
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:41 pm

Citizen SNIIIIIIIIIPSSS!!
Back to top Go down
jarine
Citizen
jarine

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 11:18 am

Wasn't there one of these threads? A long, long, long, long, time ago? Whatever.
Jarine = Jarhead + Marine. I am neither. I've had quite a bit of experience with the USMC, though. Occasionally (as in almost never) I've been spotted as DeathViper131, which was a reference to a local ANG unit. I've been contemplating a future with the AF, but I'd have to travel 100+ miles from home to find a unit that still flies the 'Hog. Plus, its just not as cool when you can't fly a plane thats dedicated to your hometown anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: History of Your Username   History of Your Username Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

History of Your Username
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Glorious Peoples Republic of Convoy :: Discussions :: General Discussion-
Jump to: