Glorious Peoples Republic of Convoy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glorious Peoples Republic of Convoy

Under Chairman Chao we Stand

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Remember guys...
Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeby death_101 Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:22 pm

» proof GPRoC lives...
Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeby death_101 Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:24 pm

» HELLO out there, is anyone there?
Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeby death_101 Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:59 pm

» AudioEmu
Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeby death_101 Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:58 pm

» A retrospective
Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeby death_101 Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:28 pm

» halp
Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeby death_101 Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:22 pm

» "I Feel Better" Music video
Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeby The Keanu Reeves Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:53 am

» Obligatory Pokemon Post
Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeby spamoo Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:11 pm

» The 12 Blues Scales
Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeby death_101 Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:46 pm

Be sure to also check out...

The Mighty Comrades of Fug's World

Informative and Entertaining People of the Boiler Room Cast for the Pods

Character Assasination!

Go down 
+5
OP
Gunslinger
Old Crow
mangachu
African Grey
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
African Grey
Global Moderator

Character Assasination! Empty
PostSubject: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 1:53 pm

Glory to the Republic and our glorious Chairman!

So I've hinted at my intentions toward stuff like this and decided to give a taste for what's on my mind.

Character Assasination! Choa1concept-1

I want opinions!

Also, would a webcomic about the above character along with a few other well known names be something of interest should I attempt it?

If anyone would like to use the above to make some awesome propaganda pieces they are welcome to. This art is for the GLORY OF THE REPUBLIC!

ps. I know this isn't the right part of the forum for art, this is just a thread for stating my plans. Once I have more I'll make an art specific thread in the art section. If I can get the hang of comic making enough to have regular updates, a separate web page in the normal webcomic layout would make it much nicer. Sort of like the terrible comics we saw on the old Fug. (I got excited when they omegas made that character artist thread, I thought we'd get something good, but no. Fug hired a terrible artist for terrible comics, I'm going to make up for that if I can)

Last edited by African Grey on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:56 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
mangachu
Citizen
mangachu

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 1:57 pm

Looks like it should read "The great chairman watches over you". :U I love it. Fucking epic. A webcomic would be great.
Back to top Go down
Old Crow
Citizen
Old Crow

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 1:58 pm

Fuck yeah. That is quite awesome African! A web comic would be a steller idea also. if only i had some skills and a program i would make a propaganda piece.

nice job!
Back to top Go down
Gunslinger
Citizen
Gunslinger

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 2:04 pm

This IS awesome incarnate! Well done dude. I can see a sort of State of the Republic report in web-comic form. Maybe special guests would include top server celebs or even be used as a reward in contests. I'd love to see the comic embodiment of some of our in game names.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/docbennett
OP
Site Admin
OP

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 2:08 pm

bad. ass.
Back to top Go down
African Grey
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 2:10 pm

I've got ideas. Official announcements for important things can be done with illustration or in comic form. Along with that I plan on doing more entertaining ones and stuff.

For any sprays using this, here's a larger better quality version:
https://2img.net/h/i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww227/thesandwichmaker/Choa1concept-2.png
Back to top Go down
Old Crow
Citizen
Old Crow

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 2:14 pm

somebody please make a spray of it!
Back to top Go down
African Grey
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 2:16 pm

The best part is that this only took about an hour to make. Any comics would be less detailed colour-wise and I was trying something new for the lineart that took longer than it should have.

With a roughed out sketch version already done I can get a short comic done in a small amount of time. Once finals end this Tuesday I'll start work on more concept drawings.

Someone needs to make a propaganda poster using this that would work as a spray.
Back to top Go down
Gunslinger
Citizen
Gunslinger

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 3:34 pm

I have a spray done...
Symbols stand for "Glory" according to the good folks at Google.

HERE IS THE RS LINK

If you are unfamiliar with RapidShare... just use the FREE USER button. You'll have to wait a minute or so, but then the download button will show. If you can't get it, IM me and I can send it. AIM: The1DocBennett

just open the zip and put it in the appropriate folders.

Character Assasination! Gprocspraycopy

Last edited by Gunslinger on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spray Done)
Back to top Go down
African Grey
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 4:04 pm

Sweet. Love the text. What do the Chinese symbols mean?
Back to top Go down
mangachu
Citizen
mangachu

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 4:15 pm

African Grey wrote:
Sweet. Love the text. What do the Chinese symbols mean?

I assume something like fuck yes.

Goddamn epic spray man, epic spray man. PMing
Back to top Go down
Gunslinger
Citizen
Gunslinger

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:03 pm

Symbols stand for "Glory" according to the good folks at Google.

HERE IS THE RS LINK

If you are unfamiliar with RapidShare... just use the FREE USER button. You'll have to wait a minute or so, but then the download button will show. If you can't get it, IM me and I can send it. AIM: The1DocBennett

just open the zip and put it in the appropriate folders.

Last edited by Gunslinger on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Old Crow
Citizen
Old Crow

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:58 pm

awesome! guess i know what my new sprays gonna be.

nice job African and gunslinger!
Back to top Go down
African Grey
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 6:35 pm

The download didn't work and I'm having trouble getting the saved picture to work. I'm just not good at sprays when I get right down to it.
Back to top Go down
FlyinPingu
Citizen
FlyinPingu

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:16 pm

If you're going to do a comic, make damn well sure that it's funny. I will not hesitate to tell you that it's a steaming pile of shit if it even gets close to how awful the Fug ones were.

Also, try to stay away from videogame referential humor as much as possible; god knows we have enough videogame webcomics floating around the net.
Back to top Go down
African Grey
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:29 pm

Not wanting the video game stuff. the premise I'm thinking is around the Republic being a real country and all that. Once I get some nice beginning pieces, mostly commentary on the foundation of the country after the great civil war and the passing of the "Fug kingdom", I'll move on to smaller joke strips.

Might throw in a little game humor but only when there is something truly funny to say.
You and acu, or anyone really, can send me strips you draw once I get this whole thing rolling like I'm wanting. It'd be nice if we had more people working on it.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Citizen
Chips

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:39 pm

that is awesum!!
Back to top Go down
African Grey
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 9:07 pm

Of coarse! Chips! how would chips look in the comic?
Back to top Go down
mangachu
Citizen
mangachu

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 9:09 pm

African Grey wrote:

1.Go to 4chan
2.Find a user who posts a picture of themself
3.Draw picture in comic
4.????
5.Profit
Back to top Go down
Chips
Citizen
Chips

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 9:16 pm

African Grey wrote:

Character Assasination! Schrodinger__v_3_by_zwillinge

perdy much liek that
Back to top Go down
mangachu
Citizen
mangachu

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 9:17 pm

I like my idea better.
Back to top Go down
African Grey
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 9:30 pm

No, that is how chips shall look, and there's nothing anyone can do about it now.
Back to top Go down
Chairman Chao
Glorious Chairman
Chairman Chao

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:31 pm

everytime i think of chips, i will remember the picture, cat specifically, haha.

But anywho, this thread is full of epicness! African, ahaha, that picture is amazing! And with that spray Gunslinger made, it just made me smile with joy :D. An internet web comic is a great idea; i kinda agree, Fug's was a bit bunk, but the whole point was that it created some comical relief on the forums, and i am all in for that idea. I'm sure something could be worked out.
Back to top Go down
Nightshde
New Citizen
Nightshde

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 2:23 am

yea this is basicly what I wanted to do with the comics from the old forums and have them more like Fanboys where there are mutiple characters and usually some continual story. The kid Fug had drawing them tried but it seemed he was trying too hard to make them look like paintings rather than a webcomic. There was also the fact that I was very disapointed with the first one he did for me for ODST and I wrote out the entire thing in detail and gave screen shots and such and was no where near what I expected.

But Ive seen some of african's stuff and as long as you keep the drawing and coloring simple you should be fine and be able to whip them out. But deff need to have more than one character.
Back to top Go down
OP
Site Admin
OP

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:37 am

Chips, isn't that character from Hellsing? (haven't read or seen OVA in long enough to confirm)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Assasination!   Character Assasination! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Assasination!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Glorious Peoples Republic of Convoy :: Discussions :: The Glorious Republic of Convoy-
Jump to: